Who we are
- Oatlands is a historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Oatlands is run by the corporation Oatlands, Inc. Our website address is: https://oatlands.org/.
If you would like to use, or publish, text or images that you find on our website, in all or part, please send your request to email.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- This website contains contact forms. Data provided in a contact form will be saved by Oatlands and shared with the appropriate partner. For example, a contact form inquiry about Afternoon Tea will be shared with our partner that manages the Afternoon Tea program.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- Oatlands does not share your data with the exception of necessary vendors that provide a service to the website such as ecommerce and reservations.
- Oatlands uses Google Analytics to track website usage but we do not share or sell data from our website users.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
- 20850 Oatlands Plantation Lane, Leesburg, VA 20175 703-727-0670
How we protect your data
- This website maintains a security certificate (https://)
- This websites maintains a security program that maintains a firewall and brute-force attack protection.
- This website does not store credit card numbers.
What data breach procedures we have in place
- If Oatlands becomes aware of a data breach on this website, the affected parties will be notified as soon as possible.
What third parties we receive data from
- This website uses products from third-party companies.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
- Oatlands uses shopping and polling data from this website to use for targeted marketing.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements