Oatlands is a self-supporting historic site. Therefore a reasonable fee that contributes to sustaining the property is charged for professional photography. Please read the following information, and contact email@example.com with any other questions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-727-0670 to schedule a session. Oatlands reserves the right to refuse walk-ins if we have an event or other sessions happening.
Photographers and their clients must park in the main lot beside the Carriage House. During regular business hours, daily 10-5, please check in with the front desk associate in the Carriage House upon arrival, and check out when leaving.
Photo shoots outside of regular hours are considered. Please contact us for further instructions!
SEASONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PASS
If you are planning on photographing at Oatlands more than 4 days per year — purchase the season pass! The pass is $400 and is valid for one year from the date of purchase for unlimited photo sessions at Oatlands.
- Photo sessions may take place in the gardens, and on the grounds.
- Trees on the property are historic.
- Oatlands is a public, family-friendly venue.
- If the gardens or grounds are littered, the photographer may be charged a clean-up fee.
If you share your work through social media, please tag us as Oatlands Historic House and Gardens (Facebook), or OatlandsOrginals (Instagram).
- Photography is not permitted inside the Historic Mansion.
- Please do not climb the trees, or put weight on the branches.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed.
- Do not sit on any walls or fences.
- Do not step in the flower beds, or move potted plants or statues.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Nudity and revealing costumes or clothing is prohibited.
- No fires or open flame. Fireworks, sparklers, candles, or anything of this nature is prohibited.
These standards will be enforced and failure to comply will result in the termination of the photo session without refund.