Are you looking for an exciting and interesting way to make a difference? Consider volunteering at Oatlands! Meet new people, and learn new skills while contributing to the care and upkeep of a historical nonprofit.
- Read the Volunteer Handbook
- Contact us to let us know you are interested.
- Attend a Volunteer Training Session
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Are you an experienced electrician who can help with minor repairs?
- For those with woodworking experience, would you like to sand and reseal picnic tables? Or garden benches?
Landscape & Gardening Help:
- Weed the various flower beds, deadhead spent blooms, and trim back wily plants reaching into public paths.
- Claim an area of your very own to mow each week. Must be at least 18 years old, and have experience with ride-on mowers, zero turns, or driving a tractor with a Befco attachment.
- Weed-whacking. Keep Oatlands looking tidy by weed-whacking around trees in the oak grove, or around our historical interpretation signs.
- Harvest seeds from the garden and package them up for the gift shop.
Being a Volunteer has far-reaching benefits:
- Give tangible help to an organization that needs it
- Increase Social Skills
- Make new contacts
- Learn new skills
- Even mental and physical benefits are associated with volunteering!
Please read the Volunteer Handbook and then contact us!