I have been a resident of Loudoun County since 1987, moving here from Boulder, Colorado. My husband (deceased) and I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren.
Over the years, I have been privileged to serve on a variety of boards:
- Keep Loudoun Beautiful (President)
- Health Systems of Northern Virginia (appointment by Chr. Of Board of Supervisors)
- Loudoun Hospital Center
- Loudoun Healthcare Foundation (Chairman)
- Ladies Board of Loudoun Hospital
- Loudoun First Responders Foundation
- Blue Ridge Hospice Board of NoVa
- Shenandoah University NoVa Board
Gardening has been a passion of mine for as long as I can recall. When my husband and I lived at our home north of Purcellville, we had 6 acres and specialized in growing irises and most recently daylilies.
I belong to:
- Purcellville Garden Club
- Aldie Horticultural Society
- American Iris Society
- American Hemerocallis Society
- Northern Virginia Daylily Society (currently Secretary)
- Shenandoah & Potomac Iris Society.
- I also enjoy growing orchids and belong to the Lord Fairfax Orchid Society.
I have been a yoga instructor for 28 years and currently own Alice’s Awesome Fudge. I owned Consignment Boutique in Leesburg for 9 years, closing 3 years ago.