Equestrian, Biking and Hiking Trails
Oatlands has 8 miles of Trails which can be used with the purchase of the $10 Daily Pass or on a yearly basis with any level of Oatlands’ Membership. The pass also allows you to walk through the Oatlands Inner Core Grounds, English Gardens and to view the many Historic Structures. The 7 Trails meander through rolling fields, woods, and creeks. Solid line trails are multi- use for hikers, cyclists, and equestrians. Trails denoted with a dotted line and Oatlands Inner Core Grounds are for hikers only.
- Please check the website banner for field rentals and events that may require closing or rerouting the trails.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance or invest in a membership for year-round access.
- Printable Maps are available online and at the entrances to the Trails and to the Inner Core of Oatlands.
- Be advised that dogs and other pets are prohibited on Oatlands property, with the exception of certified service animals.
- Hunting anywhere onsite is strictly prohibited and unlawful. Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Report any violations to 703-727-0336 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equestrian and Cycling Parking: 40218 Gap Road, Leesburg, VA 20175.
Take Gap Road off Route #15. Follow Gap road about a half a mile to a sign with a left arrow designating the entrance to the parking area. Go through the gate and down the road about 500 yards. Remember, equestrian and biker parking is off of Gap Road only, and is not allowed in the main Oatlands parking lot.
- The gate is chained and clipped at all times. Please open, and close the gate behind you when you arrive and depart.
Walking Hikers Parking: Parking is in the main parking area of Oatlands. Come in the main entrance, which is Oatlands Plantation Lane, and continue until you see a sign indicating you turn right into the parking area. Just follow the Blue dotted lines on the Map, available on your phone through our website, Oatlands.org.
- Always stay on marked trails. Multi-use trails are marked with white arrow medallions. Blue, Red, Yellow, and Orange blazes denote the different trails. Use of equestrian jumps are not permitted.
- Dotted lines are for foot traffic (hikers) only.
- Occasional field rentals take place at Oatlands and these guidelines ensure everyone’s safety. Please check the website banner for updates.
Interested in helping maintain our network of trails? Join FOOT, Friends of Oatlands Trails!
Become a member today!
Please read the following Code of Conduct.
- Wear a hard hat while riding at all times.
- Ride during daylight hours only.
- Ride only on trails designated for horse, and cyclist use; dotted lines are for hikers only.
- Cast or carry out all manure in the equine parking area.
- Maintain control of your horse, and provide your horse sound and humane treatment on the trail.
- Smoking, littering, bringing/or consuming alcoholic beverages or controlled substances on the trail or in the parking area is prohibited.
- Be safe and courteous when encountering others on the trail. Larger groups have right of way.
- Minimize damage to the trail, especially during wet periods where riding may not be allowed in certain areas.
- Securely close any gates or road barriers I am permitted to open.
- Do not damage crops.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Report to the Trail Master, Landowner, or authorities, apparent or possible vandalism, illegal acts, fires, trespassing by others, or injured livestock observed while on the trail, including apparent violations of this Code of Conduct by other riders.