In 1903, Mr. and Mrs. Eustis hired the Norris Bros. of Leesburg to build a state-of-the-art structure for their horses and carriages. Today, much of the original historic fabric is still visible, including an equestrian birthing chamber, chestnut beadboard paneling, decorative floor drains, and second floor grain chutes that emptied into bins on the first floor. Recently, the heavy front doors began showing signs of moisture infiltration and wood rot. Oatlands hired Vintage, Inc. to repair three of the four Dutch doors. Contractor kept as much original material as possible by cleaning out rotted sections and splicing in appropriate material such as Spanish Cedar. Once repainted, the result is nearly seamless.
back to History & Preservation